Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Countdown

In a few weeks, I leave for Budapest. I fly out September 2nd.

I have no idea what to expect - I don't speak [or understand] Hungarian, I don't know much about Hungarian culture, and I've never lived in a country other than the United States. Not to say that I don't plan on learning about Budapest, and Hungary in general, of course, but right now, it all seems very foreign and far away.

But, I'm sure I'll be excited once I arrive, it's just the leaving part that's making me anxious. I've been looking forward to spending a semester abroad since before I applied to college, and it's weird that the time has finally come. It'll be a nice escape from America, from Bentley, and from routine. So.. all that really stands in my way is somehow packing my life into three suitcases..


No comments:

Post a Comment