Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Escapade: Szentendre

This weekend, I was home in Budapest. Even though I'm here during the week and about every other weekend, I really want to get to know Hungary before I leave. I want to see more than just Budapest. The first weekend I was here, wayyy back in the beginning of September, I took a trip to a town off the coast of Lake Balaton. However, besides that, I haven't really explored any other Hungarian cities. 
So, on Sunday, a group of us took the commuter rail to Szentendre, a cute little town about 45 minutes outside of Budapest. It wasn't the best day for touring, and we ended up getting rained out around 1 PM but it was still cool to see! 







I'll be in Budapest this weekend too; one of my good friends who studies in Milan is coming to visit! Can't wait to show her around. And, I finally get to experience the famous Budapest Opera! 

No comments:

Post a Comment