Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Pseudo Thanksgiving Break

As we all know, Thanksgiving is an American holiday. So here in Hungary we didn't have any school or time off, of course. But we managed to celebrate anyways. 

First off, there were so many visitors. It seemed as though everyone had a friend, significant other, sister, sister's friend, etc come to stay with them for the week. So, that added to familial holiday feel. Secondly, I was one of the lucky ones I mentioned above, for Justin came to visit me that week! It was so great to see him and to show him around Budapest. He can finally see why I am in so in love with this city. Thirdly, the whole gang came together and chipped in to create a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner. Literally, everyone either made something or brought drinks and we ended up with an enormous spread of food -- all of which was surprisingly delicious! Obviously I love spending Thanksgiving with my family, but I truly have to say that this year was one of my all time favorite Thanksgivings, or as I've deemed it, Friendsgivinkkuh. Definitely something I will never have again: in Budapest, with all new friends and a few visitors, and Hanukkah at the same time!? Once in a lifetime. 


Anyways, albeit a little late, but, Happy Thanksgiving from Budapest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment