Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Escapade: Oktoberfest

In May, my friend and I booked Oktoberfest. Last weekend, we finally went. When I say that Oktoberfest is an unreal scene, I seriously mean it. Thousands and thousands of people, most dressed in traditional garb [dirndl for the women and lederhosen for the men], chugging beer and scarfing down pretzels, sausages, and candied nuts. Oh, and it's a huge carnival with all sorts of rides, too. There are 14 tents, some bigger than others. We made it to three in total, spending a good amount of time at each. My favorite was Hippodrom - it was a super local tent, mostly all Germans, and the beer was delicious.

Basically, I had an amazing time. About 20 or so kids from Bentley were there this weekend, and it was so nice to see people from home! I don't think I realized how much I missed them. 

 
This was the Hippodrom tent, which is one of the smaller ones. 

 

We caved and went on one of the rides. At least we picked a good one though! We got to see some great views of the festival. 





On Sunday, we tried to do a little exploring before our flights/buses left Munich. We squeezed some sights in at least. I was so exhausted when I got home but it was completely worth it -- one of the craziest but most amazing weekends I've ever had. Although I have to say I'm looking forward to spending some quality time in Budapest for the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment